*Expected Lead Time: 2-4 Weeks!
Looking for a functional item you can take practically anywhere and which will stop 95% of the rounds used in shooting incidents? Look no further than the AR500 Armor® Phoenix armored backpack.
The AR500 Armor® Phoenix armored backpack is a functional pack you can take practically anywhere and which will stop 95% of the rounds used in shooting incidents.
Discreet protection, always available
The Phoenix Armored Backpack is built to stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides. Nobody will know your backpack doubles as a lifesaving tool. The Phoenix is a low-profile armor system designed to stop the ammunition used in the majority of shootings.
The Phoenix weighs less than 3 pounds in its lightest configuration and comes ready to use. The armor is sewn into the pack, so you never have to worry about forgetting to install your armor or having it shift during use.
The generously sized primary compartment features a laptop sleeve, compatible with nearly all laptops. The front pocket is large and includes a key lanyard with hook, and retention pockets for pens and other accessories. The flat front facing pocket is low profile and can accommodate a full-sized pistol for concealment.
- Confidence: stops bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides
- Discreet: multiple low-profile colors available
- Peace of mind: protect the entire family
- Durable zippers with Hypalon® pull tabs
- Padded rear backing for comfort, and padded fully adjustable backpack straps.
- High traction Hypalon bottom is abrasion and water resistant
- Compartments & pockets
- Large Main Pocket size: 18”x13”x9″ (with laptop sleeve)
- Medium Front pocket size: 10”x10”
- Small pocket Size: 6”x10”
- Integrated Body Armor:
- Level IIIA integrated soft armor: Rated to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second
- Protective and lightweight anti-microbial and water-resistant rip-stop laminate cover
- Backpack + 10″x12” Armor: Less than 3lbs
- Shelf life: 5 years
- Level III+ Lightweight integrated steel armor: Rated to defeat calibers up to 5.56×45 M193, 5.56×45 M855/SS109 at 3,000 FPS (+/- 30FPS) and 7.62×39, 7.62×51 NATO
- Backpack + 11″x15” steel armor (base coat): 9.9 lbs
- Shelf life: 20 years
- Pistol Rated – Built-In Body Armor
- Rifle Rated – Built-In Body Armor
The Trauma Pad Option:
AR500 Armor® Trauma Pads are designed to decrease the blunt force energy felt upon impact when worn behind body armor. AR500 trauma pads feature non-Newtonian layers which instantly harden upon impact, creating a larger rigid surface area decreasing energy transfer and increasing absorption throughout the trauma pad.
When you choose to add a trauma pad, we will hand sew the trauma pad properly in place within The Phoenix Armored Backpack, no work or installation on your part is required. Trauma pads are ultra lightweight, adding merely 5.9 ounces for 10”x12” or 6.5 ounces for 11”x15”.
|Armor Threat Rating||Level IIIA multi-hit protection against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets with a specified mass of 8.1 g (125 gr) and a velocity of 1470 ft/s (+/- 30 ft/s) and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets with a specified mass of 15.6 g (24|
|Armor Construction Material||Aramid Fiber, and Laminated Ripstop Nylon (sonic welded)|