*DUE TO RECENT DEVELOPMENTS LEAD TIMES ARE PINNED AT 3-4 WEEKS
* FREE SHIPPING AND TAX INCLUDED
**DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS PRODUCT, ALL SALES ARE FINAL
RemainSafe 4×6 In-Ground Exterior Storm Shelter is Professional Engineer (PE) stamped, FEMA Compliant, and Texas Tech University National Wind Institute approved. SteelSafe 4×6 In-Ground Exterior Shelter works perfectly for homeowners who don’t have a garage or those who want a shelter with more space and need to protect more people. Our flush exterior shelters are designed to be installed on flat ground and are completely underground, other than the top of the door and the air vent. Take the next steps to keep your family safe from severe storms and tornados.
SteelSafe 4×6 In-Ground Exterior Storm Shelter
RemainSafe’s most popular external underground storm shelter is their SteelSafe 4×6 In-Ground Exterior Storm Shelter. Above all, this engineer stamped and FEMA Compliant storm shelter is installed directly outside your house for easy access when you need it. Our Exterior SteelSafe rooms have an excellent, user friendly design and work very well for homeowners who do not have a garage or carport, or those who want a shelter with more space and need to protect more people.
Underground Exterior Flush Shelters
At RemainSafe, their mission is simple, “We Save Lives!” Notably, this model is by far their best seller and the shelter most homeowners want. Another key point is these shelters must be installed under a roof, typically inside a garage, carport, shed, barn, ect. RemainSafe is a true American-Made company that develops all of their products in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
All of their shelter models and styles have been tested to meet or exceed FEMA 320/361 and ICC-500 criteria through the Wind and Debris Laboratory at Texas Tech University. A safe room is a hardened structure specifically designed to meet the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) criteria and provide near-absolute protection in extreme weather events, including tornadoes and hurricanes.
Near-absolute protection means that, based on the current knowledge of tornadoes and hurricanes, the occupants of a safe room built in accordance with FEMA guidance will have a very high probability of being protected from injury or death.
This flush exterior storm shelters are designed to be installed on flat ground and are completely underground, other than the top of the door and the air vent. Meaning their shelters do not protrude out of the ground.
Regular Size Standard Features:
- 4′ width x 6′ length x 6′ depth
- Accommodates 8 family members
- Exterior Finish: Two Part Epoxy/Tar
- Interior Finish: White Enamel Paint
- EF-5 rated/ 250+ MPH wind and debris
- Flush door with cylinder shock for easy opening and closing
- Handrail Included
- All welds dye tested
- 1/4 inch steel plate lids
- Weighs 1,600 pounds
- Price Includes Tax, Delivery, and Installation
- Exterior shelter standard with battery fan, LED lights, and shock assisted opening hatch type door
- Steps designed with non-slip treads and a continuous and permanently mounted handrail
- Spacious design provides seating around 3 sides of the shelter
- The flush mount design leaves the door just above the ground level, preventing the need for unsightly mounds of dirt
- The ensure against moisture penetration, all welds are dye tested inside and out and the entire exterior of the shelter is coated with a hand applied, 2 part epoxy/tar blend
- The interior area is finished with a bright white enamel paint, allowing for easy cleaning and a bright interior
- Shock assisted door allows for easy operation and provides a steel locking mechanism at each end of the door
- Factory steel outriggers are fabricated on each end of the shelter, at the bottom, to prevent the unit from floating
- Flush mounting design is excellent for residential, commercial, and civic applications